Monday, October 14, 2013

Momentos

Vocabulary

-The body is the primary mode of perceiving scale.
-Capacity of objects to serve as traces of authentic experience is exemplified by the souvenir.
-The souvenir reduces the public, the monumental, and the 3-Dimensional into the miniature, that which can be enveloped by the body.
-Nostalgia cannot be sustained without loss.
-To have a souvenir of the exotic is to possess both a specimen and a trophy.

The On Longing:

 My Response

The conversation on momentos really made me think. I have lots of memories that are special to me. I just couldn't think of them right off the top of my head. When the question was first posed, I had no idea what memory my momento was going to symbolize. However, now, I have so many options in my head, I'm not even sure what I'm going to pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment